Oklahoma Food Stamps

In Oklahoma, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) is administered by the Department of Human Services. The program serves as the first line of defense against hunger by providing financial assistance to low-income households to purchase eligible food items. More than 600,000 people depend on SNAP benefits in Oklahoma each month. To receive SNAP benefits, you must first be eligible. You must meet certain tests for residency and income/resource limits.

Once you’ve determined you’re eligible, you need to apply for food stamp benefits. You must visit your local county DHS office, a local One Stop center or Social Security office to obtain an application. You can use this locator tool to find the nearest office. You can also download and print the general application for benefits. If you are approved for SNAP benefits, you will be issued an Oklahoma Access Card. This EBT card is used to purchase eligible food items at participating stores. Simply swipe at the register and enter your four-digit PIN.


1. What should I do if my EBT card is lost or stolen?

If your EBT card is lost or stolen, you should call Customer Service immediately at 1-888-328-6551.

2. How can I check my EBT account balance?

To check your EBT account balance, simply log on to their website and enter your account information.

3. What income limits are there to receive SNAP benefits?

A full breakdown of income limits is available online.

4. Who can I contact with additional questions about SNAP?

For more information about Oklahoma SNAP, please email SNAP@okdhs.org.

5. Are there items that I cannot buy with SNAP benefits?

Yes. Federal law prohibits you from buying alcohol, tobacco, household items, vitamins and medicines, pet food and hot foods with food stamp benefits.

Contact: Oklahoma Food Stamps.